Here we are, on our way to the airport for our trip to Singapore and Bali, it was our big trip of 2014 and oh so amazing. It was first class all the way and thankfully so because 36 hours of travel and airports is trying on the patience enough. We started out with a limo ride to the airport, checked in and immediately found the delta lounge so we could get a snack and grab a drink to relax. Our first class seats were amazing, with big screen TVs (with all the new releases),slippers, blankets, travel bag, bottled water, lots of overhead storage, fully reclining seats and plenty of leg room. I’m officially spoiled and sold on first class. The flight attendants serve you champagne first thing as you board and that commences the food and drink fest. Drinks and snacks whenever you need and eating small meals every three hours I swear! They take amazing good care of you. Not so great for the waist line, but what else is there to do on a 13 hour flight but pig out and watch movies like there is no tomorrow! After all, there may be no tomorrow, your plane might crash! Esp with all that was going on with the Maylasian airlines at that time. Malaysia is a neighbor of Singapore so I’m probably lucky to be here today (aren’t we all).The sad thing is, I don’t sleep well in cars or planes and as amazing as first class was, that didn’t change. I was like a zombie, trying to drink myself to sleep without getting majorly hammered. I watched a total of 8 movies and TV shows on the first flight. Definitely got caught up on all the movies and TV time I’ve been deprived of this year. Brought a book and three magazines along too. We stopped off for a layover in Toke yo (I was way to zombie like to take pictures of the airport etc…) and as though having a meal and drinks before getting off the plane was not enough, then you head to the lounge again for some after dinner snacks and drinks.Who even knows what time it is because your body clock is totally whack! I can take little portions here and there and nibble, but honestly I’m a total light weight drinker and feel guilty about almost everything I eat but water and pickles…jk!
So after finally passing out in the lounge with my mouth hanging wide open and drooling for a total of 5 minutes. It was time to board the second flight of 5 hours to Singapore. We ate first thing………. ‘Will you be having the chicken or the beef?”
PS. the bathrooms in first class are small…




No comments:
Post a Comment