Birthday in Put In Bay part three
Saturday, was the last full day we were there and Mr Worldwide was still sick. So I hit the boardwalk and walked everywhere. The Bakery had some amazing yum yum Buckeyes, and you cannot go to Ohio without eating a buckeye. I also snatched some Oh henry, whatchamacallit bars and cracker jacks to relive the candy eating days of my youth. I still have them sitting in my cheat stash at home for when I actually save up enough calories to eat them. so far no good! There was a high school band playing there and a parade that day so I checked that out. There was also a art fair going complete with paintings, metal works, basket weaving, and tons and tons of jewelry. I went supper nuts with the shopping again. After the arts fair, I headed back to the hotel for reading and lunch. There is no napping, when there is too much to do. That weekend there was 1200 boy scout camping on the island. You can actually see reenactments of war soldiers from the 1800s and take an elevator up to the top of the monument. After walking around and enjoying all the island has to offer for hours on Saturday I headed to the bars for live entertainment and happy hour. The older bars on the square were a great historic experience and by Saturday night it was def a little wild with youngsters.
That was the night I had the yuck yuck Italian so I comforted myself with ice cream afterward. The weekend ended with a symphony on the monument steps. The Toledo Symphony Orchestra played a complete concert featuring John Williams, west side story and some patriotic selections.
All in all, I would recommend Put In Bay and just be mindful of when you book it for whatever you are looking for, whether it’s a girl’s gone wild weekend or a weekend of art and culture. Whatever you choose, cheers and enjoy it!

No comments:
Post a Comment