Saturday, January 31, 2015

Put In Bay Part Two

11326_832333673466938_5347589727826214324_n 1472737_833316746701964_5330173753301024223_n 1544481_832333660133606_5402744909260441012_n 1654277_832333666800272_2636614432434828357_n 10369865_833316753368630_3334111755324595536_n 10404314_832333776800261_6962091112974246850_n 10409182_832333663466939_3207283599994157771_n 10419543_831987233501582_3767424258332351021_n 10505271_831987223501583_7014349633895711330_n 10593115_833316740035298_4725642392501752404_n 10616622_831987226834916_127082509481977670_n 10641280_833316750035297_2238830428829920679_n
After exhausting myself biking all around the island and the square. I pulled into the island dairy and had the most amazing soft serve ice cream to recharge. Next on the agenda was to SHOP at every island store. Since it was the weekend after labor day, I hit the jackpot at the shops. T-shirts were $5.00 sandals were $6;00 Let’s just say everything was on clearance and sale. I bought several fun things that were not related to the island tourist theme, but to prove I had been there I at least did buy one t-shirt to say been there, done that.  There are over a dozen shops and boutiques and a nostalgic candy shop. The restaurants include several bars, ice creamery’s, bakery, Italian, grills,  breakfast dinners and a small grocery store.   When you google, Put In Bay. There are really no pictures that do it justice. It is was cute and quaint during the day and I can also totally see how its like spring break during the summer. There are over 400 full time residents that live on the island.
My favorite restaurants were old forge for breakfast where I had the most amazing eggs Benedict. The boardwalk and the lake front restaurants were the most amazing for fine dinning. I would def recommend staying away from the Italian restaurant. I had the most disgusting Italian meal there ever. Complete with gnats flying around my table.
After a day, of biking, shopping, and eating. I relaxed at the pool with a book. The hotel we stayed at had the only pools on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment