My birthday is the weekend after labor day, so the island had a family weekend kind of theme. Originally, when my boyfriend told me we were going to Put In Bay, I had always thought of it as “girls gone wild” so I was like who’s birthday is it anyway?
It ended up being great. Upon arrival we check into the only hotel on the island. There are several bed and breakfast place of course that look quite lovely and quaint. Our hotel was very nice as well, off the beaten path of the square. Our room had a huge bathtub and a great view of the lake. It’s not the four seasons, but it’s very comfortable! Our room overlooked the two pools and Lake Erie. If you are looking for a beach weekend get away, this is not the place. Although it is a boat and water front community, there are no beaches. You would not want to swim in the currents lol. So for my birthday dinner, it was lobster tail at the boardwalk restaurant. I also ordered the lobster bisque. It was out of this world amazing and once you taste this world famous soup, you won’t want to eat it anywhere else. It was soooooooooooo creamy and chunk full of lobster meat. I slept all fat and happy on my b-day. We got there Thursday night so we virtually had the island all to ourselves.
The next day, Mr. Worldwide was sick. So I set out on my own to enjoy a day on the island. I started with renting a bike and biking around the island for two hours. It could not have been any more sunny and peaceful and beautiful.




No comments:
Post a Comment